Friday, July 30, 2010

God is good all the time

I cannot believe that I am writing this last entry from my living room in Momence. It has been one week since I have arrived home from Kenya and it has been nothing short of a whirlwind. I met my dear friends, Amy and Justin Van Slocum at the airport after I arrived and we had a wonderful weekend of fellowship. I also was so happy to see my family. My first night home was super rough. I went to sleep at 7:30 and woke up at 3a.m. wide awake and in tears because I was missing Kangundo. As I lie awake I was scared because I was missing my mosquito net, but the Lord suddenly reminded me that I was okay because I was back in America and didn't need one.

I also moved to my new apt this week. My parents have been amazing and moved me a lot while I was gone, but nonetheless there was a lot to do and I didn't have time to be sad about missing Kenya. I am so thnakful to our great God for the move and my new place. I just love it.

As I have been home I also have just loved being with all my friends and attending my church, and not to have a translator during the sermon, although I do miss that. I am so blessed to be surrounded by people who love me here. When I came home last year it was a lot more difficult because I didn't have a church family or a lot of friends, but this time I had so many loved ones to come home to.  Bwana Asifiwe!

As I begin talking about my trip and experiences with everyone I realize that I really miss Kenya and truly believe that God has called me there. I will continue praying and listening to God as to when He wants me to go. I know that it will be awhile but I know, for certain, that He has placed this incredible calling on my life and I have to answer.  Pray that God will give me clear answers as to when He wants me to go and what exactly He wants me to do in Kenya. 

1 comment: