Monday, July 19, 2010

Holy is the Lord, God Almighty

Hello friends. I cannot believe that this will be my last entry from Kenya, so bear with me if it is long. My prayer for the past weeks has been "Father, make me useful to this world, loving, helping and serving in Kenya while leading people to You."

I have had a wonderful last full week in Kangundo. I have had a wonderful time teaching my dear students, and today was the last day of teaching in the sewing school. The girls were so sad to see me go and so was I. They were so sweet and bought me a beautiful bracelet and ring. I prayed a blessing over them that each of them would be able to find jobs as tailors once they graduate next year. I ask that you would also pray that each of these dear girls will be able to find jobs to support themselves once they graduate.

On Wednesday Mama gave me the chance to lead our usual Bible study because it was my last one. I used one of my favorite John Piper devotionals. The main point of the devotional is this: "As soon as we discover a problem, God has already been working on it and a solution is on the way." AMEN! This was so encouraging to me because of the fact that I find myself worrying about many things here and at home, but I must stop and realize that God already knows the end result.

On Thursday we went to Nairobi and had a great time shopping and enjoying each others company. I really loved shopping and know that you have gifts coming your way :) On Saturday Gideon, Fitz, Ruth and I took a matatu to Nairobi and had a wonderful day playing in the city. We first went to the Masai market which is in the heart of the city. I was able to buy some beautiful things, but imagine that the Kenyans raise the price once they see a mazungu, white person, they see money. But my brothers bargained for me so all is well. They take such good care of me. We then went to Ya Ya center, which is a really nice mall. Lastly we went to City Park which is a park in the middle of Nairobi and is full of monkeys. I can't wait to show you the pictures because you all will laugh a lot! I was able to feed monkeys from my hand and they even drank soda from my bottle.

While I was feeding the monkeys there was a really sweet boy who came up to me and said, "Auntie would you please buy me some cake, I am hungry." Oh my stars, my heart sank. I couldn't believe these boys because they were so gentle and I did not fear them in any way. So, I told Gideon that I wanted to buy these boys some food so we did. They were so thankful. The guys started talking to them in Swahili to find out their stories and it ended up that they were street boys. When, we were done talking with them one of they boys asked me when i was going to come back to the park and take them home. God really spoke to me then. As we were leaving the park my dear friend and a pastor, Fitz told me that I could open my own children home here and be twice as effective here as in America, which is so true, because it comes down to money. This issue has really burdened my heart this past week. I ask that you pray for me. Pray that God will continue to show me His will for my life as I love it so much here in Kenya.

Pray for the United African Evangelical Mission, and all the work that is being done here. Pray also for direction and leadership.

I will see you all very soon love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment