Tuesday, June 1, 2010

3 Days until takeoff...

I cannot believe that I leave for Kenya in 3 days! I have accomplished much but have much more to do.  This past week I concluded my second year of teaching, which was such a blast! I am so thankful to our Lord for blessing me with a wonderful class/staff.  I also said goodbye to my incredible church family at New Life Christian Fellowship. I will miss all of you dearly. I cannot begin to express how thankful I am to the Lord for bringing me to this church the last time I returned for Kenya. I thank you in advance for all of your prayers. And guys, don't get too 'next level' without me :)

I am now home, in Wheaton, and I am taking care of the final details of packing and seeing wonderful people. Tonight I packed all of the supplies that my church family, and others blessed me with. I was overwhelmed with all that was donated and wasn't sure that everything was going to fit in my second suitcase. My parents are wonderful and helped me pack.  As the suitcase became fuller I thought to myself "Lord you are greater than this suitcase and all this is going for You, so please let it fit."  Once it was set we put it on the scale and it was just right. Once again, God's sovereign hand was over his work! I am glad to report that the extra bag will cost little. Know that all you did is going for the Kingdom and I am forever grateful to you.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment