Friday, June 11, 2010

I am Home

Praise God! I am so thankful for the safe arrival in Kenya! God is good all the time and all the time God is good, as they say here in Kenya. I am so thankful for the safety that God gave us as we arrived here in Kangundo! I was so happy to arrive here and greet my brothers with open arms at Kenyatta Airport. We arrived late on Saturday night. As we began driving back to Kangundo I was overcome with joy and peace as God granted us safety on the way to Mama's.

On Sunday we went to Ebnezer Church and were welcomed with open arms.  I just love the churches here. They are so humbling because they don't even have electricity but they are so full of love and they just radiate God. You can see Him in their beautiful eyes, which I just love.

This week we have visited schools and taught the story of Jonah to the toto's (children) and did a craft with them.  We made the whale out of balloons, which they absolutely just loved. The toto's are so thankful for whatever you bring to them.

It has been so great to see all of my loved ones here once again, as I have missed them greatly. They keep asking me when I am going to move here and I tell them that only God knows and that I will keep praying about it.

Today, we went to the market in Tala and oh was that an adventure. We took a Matatu, which is the Kenyan version of a bus ride. It's always fun because they pack as many people as they can into the vehicle, which is always fun! As I walked the streets with Gideon all of the people kept saying "mazungu come an buy" which means white person come and buy from me please. It's always interesting to be the minority, but it doesn't bother me at all because in God's eyes we are all one. We made it home before dark and are preparing to have dinner soon.

Tomorrow we are going to open the parachutes that y school bought and play with the kids. I can't wait! It will be an emotional experience for sure!

I am doing so very well. God is so good and I praise him for the opportunity to be in Kenya again. I am healthy and am constantly humbled and blessed as I interact with everyone. Thank you so much for your prayers. I defiantly feel them all the time. I also am thankful for all of the rain that God has sent because this time everything is so green and beautiful

Love you all!
Munee

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update Jen. I am glad you are having a wonderful time. It is go good to know you are safe as well. Keep up the great updates and we will certainly keep up the prayers.

    ReplyDelete